The first Maine Lobster Festival was in 1947, in Rockland, Maine. It is held in Rockland every year during the first week of August. A 3 day event, consuming some where around 4,000 or so Lobster. One will be eaten by King Neptune, one by this years Maine Sea Goddess.
IT ALL STARTED WHEN THE HOUSING MARKET WAS SLOW. A FRIEND WAS HOME SICK AND WAS GOING TO MOVE BACK TO HIS HOME IN MAINE. HE OFFERED ME THE BUSINESS, I SAID "I'LL GIVE IT A TRY."
Five years later here I am selling tasty Lobster to San Diego and beyond.
12 FUN FACTS ABOUT LOBSTER
- They navigate by, smell, taste with their feet, listen with their legs.
- They will eat each other in a pinch.
- Their "brains" are in their throats, an their teeth are in their are in their stomachs.
- They shed their skeletons.
- They can "throw a claw" meaning discharge it from their body and grow a bran new one.
- Females can carry around and then release thousands of eggs.
- Out of 10,000 eggs laid it is estimated that only 10 will survive to maturity.
- Their weight x 4 plus 3 is their approximate age.
- They come in every color but red, except when they are cooked,then they are all red.
- Long before they were a delicacy lobsters were fed to prisoners and servants. The law limited the number of days lobster could be fed to prisoners before it became abuse.
- A female is a "hen". A male is "cock", a little guy is a "chicken", a "pistol" has no claws, an a "cull" has just one.
- Lobsters have a brain the size of grasshoppers brain and they don't feel anything when you cook them.
IT TAKES APPROXIMATELY 7 YEARS FOR A MAINE LOBSTER TO REACH 1 POUND IN SIZE.
Live MAINE Lobster we have everyday. If you wish to have other seafood, such as Clams, Shrimp, Yellow tail, Sea Urchin, or anything else all you need to do is ask. I will check the price and availability, and get back to you.